By The Hill Staff - 09/14/09 11:31 PM EDT
• EDUCATION. Squire, Sanders & Dempsey are lobbying for the Center for Families and Children on “federal support for educational programs covered under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 and [an] early Head Start expansion proposal,” according to lobbying disclosure records.
• ENERGY. Duke Energy Corp. has hired the Podesta Group to lobby in support of passage of climate change and energy legislation. Elizabeth Inadomi, former staff counsel to the Senate Commerce Committee, is working on the account.
• FINANCIAL SERVICES. Williams & Jensen is lobbying for Sperry Van Ness/Guardian, a real estate investment and management firm, on “issues regarding the disposition of distressed properties,” according to lobbying disclosure records.
• HEALTHCARE. Wexler & Walker Public Policy Associates has registered to lobby for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas on Gulf War Syndrome research.
AARP has hired Quinn Gillespie & Associates to lobby on Medicare. Bonnie Hoque Duffy, a former legislative aide to Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.), is lobbying for the seniors advocacy group.
• HOMELAND SECURITY. K2 Pure Solutions, a chemical manufacturing company, has hired BKSH & Associates to lobby on “security at water utilities,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Pam Turner, former assistant secretary for legislative affairs at the Homeland Security Department, is working on the account.