By The Hill Staff - 03/11/14 07:21 PM EDT
•BSA | The Software Alliance named Craig Albright as the vice president of legislative strategy at the trade group. Prior to that, he was at the World Bank, working with public and private entities, and advising presidents on crisis management and strategy. Albright also served as the deputy assistant to former Vice President Cheney, specializing in legislative affairs.
• McBee Strategic Consulting snagged Josh Lahey from The Glover Park Group. At McBee, he will serve as executive vice president and director of advertising, setting up the firm’s newest offering for clients. Lahey worked in Democratic politics for a decade, running an opposition research firm and working within the speechwriting arm of the Democratic National Convention.
• The Campaign Legal Center hired Larry Noble, who is leaving the Federal Election Commission after more than 20 years at the regulator. He will handle campaign finance litigation and FEC regulatory issues for the watchdog group. Noble has also led the Center for Responsive Politics and Americans for Campaign Reform, in addition to serving at the law firm Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.
• Peter Molinaro, a former lobbyist for Dow Chemical, has joined the team at the government affairs firm HillStaffer as a senior adviser. During his more than three decades with Dow, he led the company’s advocacy on climate change and energy efficiency and managed the national and state issues portfolio, among other duties.
• Lockheed Martin executive Diane DeSua has joined the boutique management consulting firm ConceptSolutions as vice president of transportation programs. The new position at the firm, which specializes in technology business for government organizations, is aimed at supporting the Federal Aviation Administration’s Aeronautical Information Management programs, according to a release.
• Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, a health law firm with four other locations all over the country, has opened a Washington office to house its federal legislative and regulatory advocacy practice. The firm began the practice in 2012.