• AGRICULTURE. Dole Food Co. has hired Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld to lobby on “issues relating to Law 364, related Nicaraguan judgments and the creation of worker program; general nutrition advocacy,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Roger Murry, a former legislative aide to ex-Rep. Ellen Tauscher (D-Calif.), is lobbying for the company.
• DEFENSE. Rolls-Royce has hired mCapitol Management to lobby Congress to approve the F136 Joint Strike Fighter alternative engine program.
• FINANCIAL SERVICES. Visa has hired Nelson, Mullins, Riley & Scarborough to lobby on the financial regulatory reform bill. Jennifer Pharaoh, a former deputy chief of staff to Rep. Rick LarsenRick LarsenAirport shooting revives debate over security measures US wins aerospace subsidies trade case over the EU Business groups, lawmakers back trade case against China MORE (D-Wash.), is working on the account.
Arnold & Porter is lobbying for Hoyde Private Equity Advisers on “S. 3217, Section 341: Provisions related to thrift charter,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Martha Cochran, a former legislative director to Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.), is working on the account.
• HEALTHCARE. The Ross Group has been hired by HealthTrio, a health information technology company, to lobby on health information technology records. Shalia Ross, a former aide to Sen. Judd Gregg (R-N.H.) and ex-Rep. Deborah Pryce (R-Ohio), is lobbying for the company.
• LABOR. Gephardt Group Government Affairs has been hired to lobby for Sodexo Inc. on “labor/management related matters,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Former Rep. Richard Gephardt (D-Mo.) and his ex-chief of staff, Thomas O’Donnell, are working on the account.
• TRADE. Patton Boggs is lobbying for the Burger King Corp. on “issues related to international trade in agricultural products,” according to lobbying disclosure forms.
• TRANSPORTATION. The Rhoads Group has been hired by Smart Growth America to lobby for a new surface transportation reauthorization bill. James Lofton, the former legislative director for Sen. Thad CochranThad CochranGOP senators voice misgivings about short-term spending bill Trump's wrong to pick Bannon or Sessions for anything Bottom Line MORE (R-Miss.), is working on the account.
Patton Boggs is lobbying for AECOM, a technical and management support services company, on “issues related to design/management/funding of general infrastructure projects,” according to lobbying disclosure records.