By The Hill Staff - 06/01/10 10:44 PM EDT
• AGRICULTURE. Dole Food Co. has hired Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld to lobby on “issues relating to Law 364, related Nicaraguan judgments and the creation of worker program; general nutrition advocacy,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Roger Murry, a former legislative aide to ex-Rep. Ellen Tauscher (D-Calif.), is lobbying for the company.
• DEFENSE. Rolls-Royce has hired mCapitol Management to lobby Congress to approve the F136 Joint Strike Fighter alternative engine program.
• FINANCIAL SERVICES. Visa has hired Nelson, Mullins, Riley & Scarborough to lobby on the financial regulatory reform bill. Jennifer Pharaoh, a former deputy chief of staff to Rep. Rick Larsen (D-Wash.), is working on the account.
Arnold & Porter is lobbying for Hoyde Private Equity Advisers on “S. 3217, Section 341: Provisions related to thrift charter,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Martha Cochran, a former legislative director to Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.), is working on the account.
• HEALTHCARE. The Ross Group has been hired by HealthTrio, a health information technology company, to lobby on health information technology records. Shalia Ross, a former aide to Sen. Judd Gregg (R-N.H.) and ex-Rep. Deborah Pryce (R-Ohio), is lobbying for the company.
• LABOR. Gephardt Group Government Affairs has been hired to lobby for Sodexo Inc. on “labor/management related matters,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Former Rep. Richard Gephardt (D-Mo.) and his ex-chief of staff, Thomas O’Donnell, are working on the account.
• TRADE. Patton Boggs is lobbying for the Burger King Corp. on “issues related to international trade in agricultural products,” according to lobbying disclosure forms.
• TRANSPORTATION. The Rhoads Group has been hired by Smart Growth America to lobby for a new surface transportation reauthorization bill. James Lofton, the former legislative director for Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.), is working on the account.
Patton Boggs is lobbying for AECOM, a technical and management support services company, on “issues related to design/management/funding of general infrastructure projects,” according to lobbying disclosure records.