By The Hill Staff - 09/27/10 10:08 PM EDT
• DEFENSE. GET Engineering, a defense contractor, has hired Cassidy & Associates to lobby on the defense appropriations and authorization bills. Terry Paul, a former brigadier general with the Marines and the Marines Corps’ Senate liaison, and Shawn Edwards, a former aide to the Senate Armed Services Committee, are lobbying for the company.
• ENVIRONMENT. General Electric Inc. has hired Behan Communications Inc. to lobby on the Hudson River Superfund site, according to lobbying disclosure records.
Halliburton Energy Services Inc. has hired Beveridge & Diamond to lobby on “legislative changes to the Toxic Substances Control Act,” according to lobbying disclosure documents.
• GAMING. Las Vegas Sands Corp. has hired Husch Blackwell to lobby on several issues, including the new financial regulatory reform law and the Internet gambling bill. Adam Sachs, former counsel to the House Veterans’ Affairs Committee, is working on the account.
• HEALTHCARE. Mehlman Vogel Castagnetti has been hired by the Large Urology Group Practice Association to lobby on “access to comprehensive, integrated urological care, healthcare quality [and] physician payment,” according to lobbying disclosure documents. Kelly Bingel, former chief of staff to Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.), and Cynthia Brown, ex-chief of staff to Rep. Ron Kind (D-Wis.), are lobbying for the trade group.
Des Moines University has hired DLA Piper to lobby on “Labor/Health and Human Services and Defense appropriations; health policies generally,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Mary Langowski, a former aide to the Senate Agriculture Committee, is lobbying for the university.
• TELECOMMUNICATIONS. Witt Group Holdings has been hired by T-Mobile to lobby on “all matter concerning the FCC’s contemplated D Block Auction,” according to lobbying disclosure records. James L. Witt, former director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, is registered to lobby for the company.