By The Hill Staff - 02/15/11 01:02 AM EST
• ENERGY. Noble Energy Inc., a Houston-based natural-gas company, has hired Covington & Burling to lobby on “tax treatment of natural gas development in the eastern Mediterranean,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Stuart Eizenstat, a former Treasury deputy secretary during the Clinton administration, is lobbying for the company.
• FINANCIAL SERVICES. The Mortgage Bankers Association has hired Capitol Hill Strategies to lobby on the “reform of government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs)” and “residential mortgage interest deduction,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Chuck Brain, a former senior aide to President Clinton, and Paul Bock, former chief of staff to Sen. Herb Kohl (D-Wis.), are lobbying for the trade group.
• HEALTHCARE. General Electric Co. has hired Nathanson + Hauck to lobby on health information technology and the implementation of the new healthcare reform law, among other issues. Megan Hauck, a former senior policy adviser to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnellMitch McConnellMcConnell pledges redo on Zika money after break Senate Democrats block Zika deal ahead of recess Senate Democrats want new round of Zika talks MORE (R-Ky.), and Melanie Nathanson, a former senior policy adviser to ex-Sen. Bob Graham (D-Fla.), are lobbying for the company.
• IMMIGRATION. Ogilvy Government Relations has been hired by the New American Economy Action Fund to lobby on “issues related to immigration reform,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Drew Maloney, former legislative director to ex-Rep. Tom DeLay (R-Texas), and Dean Aguillen, former adviser to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), are lobbying for the group.
• TAX. The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies has hired Navigators Global to lobby on “issues relating to building codes and disaster relief” and “tax issues related to mutual insurance companies” among other issues. Christopher Cox, a former senior aide to President George W. Bush, and Meghan Johnson, once chief of staff to Rep. Linda Sanchez (D-Calif.), are lobbying for the trade group.
• TELECOMMUNICATIONS. Verizon Communications has hired Empire Consulting Group to lobby on “legislative and regulatory issues relating to telecommunications,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Mike McKay, a former senior adviser to Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-N.Y.), is lobbying for the company.