By The Hill Staff - 06/20/11 11:04 PM EDT
• APPROPRIATIONS. Capitol Decisions Inc. has been hired by the city of Yukon, Okla., to lobby on “municipal enhancement issues,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Stu Van Scoyoc and J.R. Reskovac, a former legislative assistant to ex-Rep. Dave McCurdy (D-Okla.), are lobbying for the municipality.
• DEFENSE. General Dynamics has hired Flagship Government Relations Inc. to lobby on the defense appropriations bill and the defense authorization bill.
The Nickles Group has been hired by ITC Holdings Corp. to lobby on “issues related to electricity transmission planning, siting authority and cost allocation,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Hazen Marshall, former staff director for the Senate Budget Committee, Doug Badger, former deputy assistant to President George W. Bush for legislative affairs, and ex-Sen. Don Nickles (R-Okla.) are lobbying for the company.
• FINANCIAL SERVICES. Ally Financial has hired the Lugar Group to lobby on “financial institutions/investment securities housing insurance,” according to lobbying disclosure records.
• HEALTHCARE. McDermott Will & Emery has been hired by eHealth Inc. to lobby on “implementation issues regarding the Affordable Care Act,” according to lobbying disclosure records. David Ransom, a former senior communications and policy adviser to Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), and Stephen Ryan, who once was general counsel to the Senate Government Affairs Committee, are lobbying for the company.
• TAX. The Information Technology Industry Council has hired Washington Council Ernst & Young to lobby on “international tax reform, U.S. corporate tax rate, tax treatment of domestic innovation,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Nick Giordano, former tax counsel and legislative director to Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.), and Stephen Adam Francis, former deputy chief of staff to Rep. Patrick Tiberi (R-Ohio), are lobbying for the trade group.