By The Hill Staff - 07/12/11 12:14 AM EDT
• TECHNOLOGY. The Ingram Co., The Normandy Group, Gephardt Group Government Affairs and Crossroads Strategies have been hired by Google to lobby on “copyright and competition issues,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Former House Majority Leader Dick Gephardt (D-Mo.) is among those lobbying for the company.
• TAX. Prime Policy Group has been hired by the National Association of Home Builders to lobby on “[government-sponsored enterprise] reform[,] tax reform [and] regulatory reform,” according to lobbying disclosure records.
• HEALTH. Tiber Creek Health Strategies has hired Peck, Madigan, Jones & Stewart to lobby on behalf of Genentech, according to disclosure records. The government-relations firm will be lobbying on “advocacy related to ensuring access to necessary medicines.”
• AGRICULTURE. Moore Consulting has been hired by the Grocery Manufacturers Association to lobby on “legislation related to the food, beverage and consumer products industry.” Tiffany Moore, a former assistant U.S. trade representative and legislative director for Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.), will lead the account.
• BUDGET. The Joseph Group has been hired by Pew Charitable Trusts to lobby on issues including “National Defense Authorization Act for FY 12[,] federal regulations on the military’s use of alternative fuels, clean energy & renewables [and] FY 2012 Appropriations: regulations regarding the federal governments [sic] use of alternative fuel,” disclosure records show. Lobbying for Pew are Kevin Joseph, the former senior counsel of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee; and Chani Wiggins, former deputy chief of staff for Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.).