By The Hill Staff - 09/12/11 11:14 PM EDT
• ENERGY. Allegheny Creative Energy Solutions, a Pottstown, Pa.-based alternative energy company, has hired Delta Development Group Inc. to lobby on “H.R. 1380 — New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2011,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Mark Carmel, a former senior legislative assistant for ex-Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.), is lobbying for the company.
• BP Biofuels North America has hired Green Capitol to “engage the federal government for the purpose of advancing biomass production and agricultural programs that support the BP Biofuels business,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Lloyd Ritter, former senior counsel to the Senate Agriculture Committee, and Ryan Stroschein, ex-legislative director for ex-Rep. Stephanie Herseth Sandlin (D-S.D.), are lobbying for the company.
• ENVIRONMENT. The Wilderness Society has hired Clark & Weinstock to lobby on “conservation issues,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Ed Kutler, once a senior adviser to former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.), and Paul Lobo, former chief of staff to ex-Rep. Susan Molinari (R-N.Y.), are lobbying for the environmental group.
• HEALTHCARE. Alston & Bird has been hired by Fairview Health Services, a Minneapolis hospital system, to lobby on the healthcare reform law and the Social Security Act. Former Rep. Earl Pomeroy (D-N.D.) and Tom Scully, former administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, are lobbying for the company.
• TAX. Fierce, Isakowitz & Blalock has been hired by the Win America Campaign, a coalition of businesses pushing for a tax repatriation holiday, to lobby on “repatriation legislation,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Aleix Jarvis, once legislative director to Sen. Lindsey GrahamLindsey GrahamTrump: 'I hope' Russia is able to get Clinton's emails Syria activists cheer Kaine pick Vulnerable GOP senators praise Kaine MORE (R-S.C.), and Billy Piper, former special assistant to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnellMitch McConnellMcAuliffe: Clinton won't move TPP without changes Scalise says FCC chair should abandon set-top box plan Progressive group changes tone on Kaine MORE (R-Ky.), are lobbying for the coalition.