By The Hill Staff - 10/03/11 11:42 PM EDT
• ENERGY. EnergyNorthAmerica has been hired by the National Ocean Policy Coalition to lobby on “development of a national ocean policy that includes energy, manufacturing, transportation, fisheries, among others,” according to lobbying disclosure records. W. Jackson Coleman, the former Republican general counsel for the House Natural Resources Committee, is lobbying for the coalition.
• Linde North America Inc. has hired Cassidy & Associates Inc. to lobby on several different pieces of energy legislation, including the “NAT GAS Act of 2011,” the “Fuel Cell Industrial Jobs Act of 2011” and “the Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2011,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Kevin Binger, a former staff director for the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, and Kai Anderson, once deputy chief of staff to Senate Majority Leader Harry ReidHarry ReidSuper-PAC targets Portman on trade Dem leader urges compromise on FCC set-top box plan Senate Dems introduce Iran sanctions extension MORE (D-Nev.), are lobbying for the company.
• ENVIRONMENT. Alpine Group has been hired by Open Space Institute Inc. to lobby for “conservation funding for recreational opportunities,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Michael Henry, once a professional staff member for the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, is lobbying for the natural resource protection group.
• SMALL BUSINESS. ML Strategies has been hired by the Save SBIR/STTR Fund, a coalition of small businesses, to lobby for the “reauthorization of the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Program,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Alex Hecht, former chief counsel to the Senate Small Business Committee, and Jeremy Rabinovitz, once chief of staff to Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.), are lobbying for the coalition.
• TRANSPORTATION. Holland & Knight has been hired by CPS Professional Services to lobby on “service disabled veteran organization contracting at the Federal Aviation Administration,” according to lobbying disclosure records. David Whitestone, a former legislative aide to Rep. Frank WolfFrank WolfBenghazi Report and Hillary: What it means for Philadelphia Lobbying World Overnight Regulation: Supreme Court rejects GOP redistricting challenge MORE (R-Va.), is lobbying for the company.