By The Hill Staff - 10/18/11 12:13 AM EDT
• ENERGY. Hogan Lovells has been hired by SandRidge Energy Inc., a natural-gas exploration company in Oklahoma City, to lobby on “clarification of the 45Q tax credit,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Charles Kyle Simpson, senior policy adviser to the Energy secretary, and James Wickett, once a senior legislative assistant to then-Rep. James Hayes (D-La.), are lobbying for the company.
• FINANCIAL SERVICES. Foley & Lardner has been hired by Kinecta Federal Credit Union, a Manhattan Beach, Calif.-based credit union, to lobby on “legislation affecting credit unions,” according to disclosure records. Theodore Bornstein, former chief of staff to Sen. Herb Kohl (D-Wis.), and former Rep. Scott Klug (R-Wis.) are lobbying for the company.
• TAX. Williams and Jensen has been hired by the Ohio Police and Fire Pension Fund to lobby on “regulatory review of plan status,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Michael Beer, once a legislative aide to ex-Rep. Dave Hobson (R-Ohio), and Anthony Roda, former aide to then-Rep. Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.), are lobbying for the pension fund.
• TECHNOLOGY. Prime Policy Group has been hired by TechNet to lobby on “corporate tax reform, repatriation, patent reform, immigration reform and online privacy,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Marty Paone, who was once Senate Democratic secretary, and Charlie Black, a former senior adviser to Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, are lobbying for the trade group.
• Peck, Madigan, Jones & Stewart Inc. has been hired by the Semiconductor Industry Association to lobby on tax reform, the Trans-Pacific Partnership and the trade deals with Colombia, Panama and South Korea, among other issues, according to lobbying disclosure records. John Michael Gonzalez, once chief of staff to former Rep. Melissa Bean (D-Ill.), and Jonathon Jones, ex-chief of staff to Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.), are lobbying for the trade group.