By The Hill Staff - 11/25/13 06:54 PM EST
• AGRICULTURE. A former Senate Agriculture Committee chairwoman is lobbying on the farm bill. Now at Lincoln Policy Group, ex-Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.) and Robert Holifield, once staff director for the panel, are watching the massive bill for CropLife America, a trade group for the crop protection industry.
• CIVIL RIGHTS. Another former Republican lawmaker has registered to lobby for American Unity Fund, a conservative group that supports gay rights. At Nixon Peabody, former Rep. Tom Reynolds (R-N.Y.) and Sally Vastola, Reynolds’s former chief of staff, lobbied on the Employment Non-Discrimination Act for the group. Ex-Sen. Norm Coleman (R-Minn.) at Hogan Lovells is also working for the group.
• ENERGY. Cassidy & Associates is lobbying for the Valley Electric Association in Pahrump, Nev. The K Street firm is helping the electric cooperative with “expanding market opportunities in California. Sitting and public land issues. Labor relationships.” Kai Anderson, once deputy chief of staff to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), and Janie Wise, a former Energy Department official, are among the lobbyists on the account.
• FIREARMS. The Brady Center and Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence has contracted with Becker & Poliakoff to lobby on “Anti Violence Public Health and Safety Initiatives.” Amanda Wood, a former legislative director for ex-Sen. Bob Graham (D-Fla.), is representing the gun control group.
• POSTAL. Blue Cross Blue Shield Association has taken an interest in postal reform. The health insurance giant has hired Peck Madigan Jones to lobby on the Postal Reform Act of 2013. Jonathon Jones, Sen. Tom Carper’s (D-Del.) former chief of staff, and Sheila Murphy, once a senior aide to several Democratic senators, are working on the account.