By The Hill Staff - 11/15/11 01:18 AM EST
• DEFENSE. Blank Rome has been hired by Tiburon Associates Inc., an Alexandria, Va.-based government contractor, to lobby for “congressional assistance regarding compliance with federal acquisition rules governing small-business set-asides,” according to lobbying disclosure records. C.J. Zane, ex-chief of staff to Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska), and Katherine Scontras, once a legislative correspondent to Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), are lobbying for the contractor.
• ENERGY. English, Lucas, Priest & Owsley has been hired by Atmos Energy Corp., a Dallas-based natural-gas company, to lobby on the “Low Income Housing Energy Assistance Program,” according to lobbying disclosure records. LaJuana Wilcher, a former assistant administrator for water at the Environmental Protection Agency, is lobbying for the company.
• ENVIRONMENT. Hicks-Ray Associates has been hired by the North Texas Municipal Water District to lobby on “regional water resources and water supply,” according to lobbying disclosure records.
• RETIREMENT. Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld has been hired by Access Control Advantage Inc. to lobby on “federal policy issues surrounding retirement plans and pension issues,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Jayne Fitzgerald, former tax counsel for the House Ways and Means Committee, and former Rep. Bill Paxon (R-N.Y.) are lobbying for the company.
• TELECOMMUNICATIONS. Scripps Network has hired Glover Park Group to lobby on “Issues related to carriage of cable networks,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Gregg Rothschild, once Sen. John Kerry’s (D-Mass.) legislative director, and Susan Brophy, former chief of staff to then-Rep. Byron Dorgan (D-N.D.), are lobbying for the company.