By The Hill Staff - 11/29/11 12:56 AM EST
• AGRICULTURE. The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition has hired Winning Strategies Washington to lobby on “federal aid for nutrition programs” and “Farm Bill reauthorization,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Brett Heimov, a former aide to Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), and Kristen Michaels, once a senior appropriations aide to Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.), are lobbying for the group.
• ENERGY. Public Service Co. of New Mexico, an energy company, has hired Capitol Solutions to lobby on “EPA rulemakings under Clean Air Act,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Daniel Tate, a former senior Clinton White House aide, and Rachel Miller, once a legislative aide to Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), are lobbying for the company.
• TAX. Arent Fox has been hired by RYO Machine Rental, a Cincinnati-based manufacturer of electric self-rolling cigarette-making devices, to lobby on “taxation and licensure of self-rolling cigarette-making devices,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Former Rep. Phil English (R-Pa.) is lobbying for the company.
• TRADE. Blank Rome Government Relations has been hired by Armstrong World Industries, a flooring and cabinet manufacturer, to lobby on “general corporate issues, including trade, intellectual property and regulations,” according to lobbying disclosure records. E. Peter Giambastiani, former deputy chief of staff to Rep. Jeff Miller (R-Fla.), and Malloy McDaniel, ex-policy adviser to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), are lobbying for the company.
• TRANSPORTATION. The Podesta Group has been hired by the Air Line Pilots Association to lobby on “FAA flight time and duty rules,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Tony Podesta is lobbying for the union.