By The Hill Staff - 04/04/12 12:02 AM EDT
• AGRICULTURE. Olsson Frank Weeda Terman Matz has been hired by Nutriset, a French-based maker of food products, to “advise, consult and advocate on issues related to federal policies, programs, initiatives and regulatory matters which could impact the production of Nutriset products,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Former Rep. Stephanie Herseth Sandlin (D-S.D.) is lobbying for the company.
• EDUCATION. Holland & Knight has been hired by John Carroll University to lobby on “higher, elementary and secondary education legislation,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Lauri Hettinger, a former staff director for ex-Sen. George Voinovich (R-Ohio), and Jennifer McGee, once a senior Clinton White House aide, are lobbying for the school.
• ENVIRONMENT. Patton Boggs has been hired by Comstock Mining Inc., a Virginia City, Nev., gold mining company, to lobby on “issues related to Nevada land use and historic preservation,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Gregory Louer, a former policy director for Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), is lobbying for the company.
• HEALTHCARE. McDermott Will & Emery has been hired by Trinity Health, a Catholic healthcare system headquartered in Novi, Mich., to lobby on “Medicare and Medicaid hospital payments,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Andrea Bergman, a former legislative assistant to Sen. Mike Crapo (R-Wyo.), is lobbying for the company.
• TRANSPORTATION. Ogilvy Government Relations has been hired by U.S. Airways Group Inc. to lobby on “aviation, commerce and judiciary issues,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Drew Maloney, former legislative director for ex-Rep. Tom DeLay (R-Texas), and Mike Hogan, once deputy chief of staff to Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.), are lobbying for the airline.