By The Hill Staff - 04/16/12 11:58 PM EDT
• DEFENSE. American Defense International Inc. has been hired by Agilis Management Inc., an engineering-services company, for “meetings with officials regarding turbine engine design and development services,” according to lobbying disclosure records. David Myers, former legislative aide to ex-Sen. Pete Domenici (R-N.M.), is lobbying for the company.
• ENERGY. Williams and Jensen has been hired by SunCoke Energy, a metallurgical coke producer, to lobby on “Section 45 Tax Issues,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Susan Hirschmann, former chief of staff to ex-Rep. Tom DeLay (R-Texas), and Christopher Hatcher, once legislative director and counsel for then-Rep. Scott McInnis (R-Colo.), are lobbying for the company.
• HEALTHCARE. Tarplin, Downs & Young has been hired by JAZZ Pharmaceuticals Inc., a specialty biopharmaceutical company, to lobby on “regulation and reimbursement of biologics,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Linda Tarplin, a former special assistant for legislative affairs to President George H.W. Bush, and Raissa Downs, once a healthcare policy adviser to Sen. Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), are lobbying for the company.
• TECHNOLOGY. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck has been hired by the Application Developers Alliance, a nonprofit group that supports software app developers, to lobby on “current and anticipated privacy and spectrum issues,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Elizabeth Gore, former chief of staff to ex-Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-N.D.), and Brooks Brunson, once a special assistant to the chief of staff of the House Republican Conference, are lobbying for the group.
• TRANSPORTATION. GDS Strategies has been hired by the General Aviation Manufacturers Association to lobby on “tax reform; depreciation of business aircraft,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Tucker Shumack, former tax and finance counsel for the Senate Small Business Committee, is lobbying for the trade group.