By The Hill Staff - 04/23/12 11:53 PM EDT
•DEFENSE. Baldwin Consulting Inc. has been hired by General Dynamics to lobby on “wheeled and tracked vehicle fleet and C4 systems,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Valerie Baldwin, a former assistant secretary of the Army, is lobbying for the company.
• ENERGY. The Ferguson Group has been hired by AeroGen, an Irvine, Calif., offshore wind company, to lobby on “Department of Energy Offshore Wind grant and ARPA-E grant,” according to lobbying disclosure records.
• FINANCIAL SERVICES. Floyd Stoner has been hired by the American Bankers Association to lobby on “financial issues, particularly related to a potential 2012 Farm Bill,” according to lobbying disclosure records.
• HEALTHCARE. DLA Piper has been hired by the Coalition on Health Care to lobby on “healthcare financing,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Piper Nieters Su, once legislative counsel for then-Sen. Ken Salazar (D-Colo.), and Mary Langowski, former legislative aide to Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa), are lobbying for the coalition.
Baker Donelson Bearman Caldwell & Berkowitz has been hired by the Diabetic Shoppe to lobby on “Medicare DME reimbursement,” according to disclosure records. Former Rep. Nancy Johnson (R-Conn.) and Lance Leggitt, former special assistant to President George W. Bush for domestic policy, are lobbying for the company.
• TECHNOLOGY. Bernstein Strategy Group has been hired by Apple Inc. to “focus on K-12 education issues, including Elementary and Secondary Education Act reauthorization and funding,” according to lobbying disclosure records.
• TELECOMMUNICATIONS. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck has been hired by Dish Network to lobby “tax reform” and “spectrum transaction,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Brooks Brunson, former special assistant to chief of staff of the House Republican Conference, and Regina Mahony, once a senior policy adviser to Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), are lobbying for the company.