By The Hill Staff - 05/29/12 11:33 PM EDT
• DEFENSE. Cassidy & Associates has been hired by Hjek & Fix Inc. to lobby on “state and local impact of BRAC,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Barry Rhoads, former deputy general counsel to the 1991 Base Realignment and Closure Commission, is lobbying for the firm.
• FINANCIAL SERVICES. Park Strategies has been hired by Emigrant Savings Bank to lobby on “regulations pertaining to establishment of Tier I capital requirements; H.R. 3128,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Former Sen. Alfonse D’Amato (R-N.Y.) and former Rep. Vito Fossella (R-N.Y.) are lobbying for the bank.
• HEALTHCARE. Strategic Health Care has been hired by Franciscan Alliance Inc. to lobby on “healthcare policy and funding,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Richard Carne, former chief of staff for Rep. Tony Hall (D-Ohio), is lobbying for the company.
• TELECOMMUNICATIONS. ML Strategies has been hired by MetroPCS Wireless Inc. to lobby on “general issues pertaining to telecommunications, including spectrum, cybersecurity and privacy,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Jeremy Rabinovitz, former chief of staff to Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.), and David Leiter, former chief of staff to Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.), are lobbying for the company.
• TRANSPORTATION. Hannegan Landau Advocacy has been hired by Federal Express Corp. to lobby on “issues as they relate to Federal Express and delivery services,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Tim Hannegan, who worked at the Government Accountability Office, is lobbying for the company.