By The Hill Staff - 07/23/12 11:25 PM EDT
• FOREIGN POLICY. DLA Piper is lobbying for the Palestinian Investment Fund regarding “issues related to economic development in the Palestinian territories,” according to lobbying disclosure records. One of the lobbyists on the account, Matthew C. Bernstein, is a partner at the firm.
• BANKING. David L. Horne LLC is lobbying for the Community Mortgage Lenders of America on “affordable housing, mortgage finance and related issues.” David Horne, former chief of staff for the Department of Housing and Urban Development, is the sole lobbyist on the registration.
• MILITARY. American Defense International Inc. is lobbying for TCOM to obtain “meetings with officials about JLENS program,” according to disclosure records. Michael Khatchadurian, the former communications liaison for the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, is lobbying for the company.
• NATIVE AMERICAN AFFAIRS. JC Watts Companies is lobbying for the Muskogee Creek Nation regarding “land into trust, Indian health, Indian Housing, Bureau of Indian Affairs programs and funding.” Former Rep. J.C. Watts (R-Okla.) and Steve Pruitt, former director of the House Budget Committee, are on the account.
• MINING. J.A. Green and Co. is lobbying for Global Tungsten & Powders on “issues related to government sales of tungsten.” Jeffrey Green, a former counsel for the House Armed Services Committee, is the lobbyist on the account.
The Podesta Group is lobbying for Uranium One Inc. regarding “international mining projects.” Paul Brathwaite, former executive director of the Congressional Black Caucus, and Stephen Rademaker, former senior counsel and policy director for national security affairs for then-Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tenn.), are lobbying for the company.
• PUBLIC RADIO. Navigators Global LLC is lobbying for National Public Radio on “issues related to the public radio system and National Public Radio.” A slew of former government officials are listed on the account, including Christopher Cox, former special assistant to President George H.W. Bush; and Philmore B. Anderson, former special assistant to former Vice President Dan Quayle.
• CHARITIES. Patton Boggs LLP is lobbying for the Lance Armstrong Foundation on “issues related to support for the foundation’s activities.”