By The Hill Staff - 02/12/13 01:05 AM EST
• EDUCATION. Porter Gordon Silver Communications has been hired by Nevada State College to lobby on “higher education reauthorization; grant funding/appropriations,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Former Rep. Jon Porter (R-Nev.) and Bob Cochran, once chief of staff to Rep. Buck McKeon (R-Calif.), are lobbying for the school.
• ENERGY. The Ferguson Group has been hired by Stewart Environmental Consulting to lobby on issues such as appropriations and oil-and-gas development, according to lobbying disclosure records. Mark Limbaugh, a former assistant secretary for the Interior Department, is lobbying for the company.
• GOVERNMENT. Kit Bond Strategies has been hired by Broadway Square Partners, a Kansas City-based business development company, to “work on IRS Service Center project and FAA training center project in Kansas City,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Matthew Roney, once a district director for former Sen. Kit Bond (R-Mo.), and Jason Van Eaton, a former state director for Bond, are lobbying for the company.
• TAX. The Nickles Group has been hired by The American Council of Life Insurers to lobby on “issues related to the taxation of insurance companies and their products,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Former Sen. Don Nickles (R-Okla.) and Hazen Marshall, once deputy chief of staff to Nickles, are lobbying for the trade group.
• TRADE. Alpine Group has been hired by Nike to lobby on “Trans-Pacific Partnership, Miscellaneous Tariff Bill, Tax issues, Access to sport, Sustainability issues, IP/patent/trademark, Privacy,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Rhod Shaw, former chief of staff to then-Rep. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), and Bob Brooks, once chief of staff to ex-Rep. Jim McCrery (R-La.), are lobbying for the athletic apparel company.