By The Hill Staff - 09/07/09 11:00 PM EDT
• ENERGY. Wiley Rein is lobbying for America’s Natural Gas Alliance, a new trade group that promotes the use of natural gas. The alliance is seeking more support for natural gas development in the climate change bill in Congress.
The Physicians Insurers Association of America hired Bracewell & Giuliani to lobby on healthcare legislation, federal lobbying records show.
• HIGHER EDUCATION. The C2 Group is lobbying for the Coalition of Higher Education Assistance Organizations, which promotes access to post-secondary education. The firm is lobbying in support of the Perkins Loan program, which provides aid to low-income students.
• INSURANCE. The group Citizens not Serfs of Summerland Key, Fla., hired Patton Boggs to lobby on its behalf on issues relating to the national flood insurance program, federal lobbying records show.
• LABOR. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck is lobbying for FedEx Corp., the delivery service, on labor issues.
• LOCAL GOVERNMENT. Alcalde & Fay is lobbying for the City of Ft. Myers, Fla. The firm is seeking federal funding for public works and transportation projects, federal lobbying records show.
• TAXES. Miller & Chevalier is lobbying for the Bechtel Corp. on international tax proposals.
• TECHNOLOGY. Blank Rome Government Relations is lobbying for SAP America, a technology company. J.C. Boggs, Duncan Smith and Missy Foxman, a former aide on the Joint Economic Committee, are lobbying for the company, according to federal lobbying records.
Intel Corp. has hired Franklin Square Group to lobby on “competition issues in the microprocessor industry,” according to federal lobbying records.