• AUTOMOBILES. Public Strategies is lobbying for General Motors on a variety of transportation and industry issues, according to federal lobbying records.
• DEFENSE. Etherton and Associates is lobbying for Raytheon Co. Jonathan Etherton is a former staff aide to the Senate Armed Services Committee.
• ENERGY. Chadbourne & Parke is lobbying for Pattern Energy, which develops wind farms.
The Podesta Group is lobbying for FuelCell Energy of Danbury, Conn., on issues relating to investment tax credits, climate change and energy efficiency programs.
• FINANCE. Jones, Walker, Waechter, Poitevent, Carrere & Denegre is lobbying for the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association on financial services issues.
• LOCAL GOVERNMENT. The Ferguson Group is lobbying for Glendale, Calif. Charmayne Macon and Michael Miller, a former counsel to the late Rep. Robert Matsui (D-Calif.), are lobbying for the city.
• MUSIC. The Thorsen Group is lobbying for the National Music Publishers' Association. Carlyle Thorsen, a former general counsel to former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Texas), is lobbying for the trade group.
• REAL ESTATE. Holland & Knight is lobbying for TMG Partners, an urban real estate developer. Richard Gold, Eve Maldonado O'Toole and Dustin McDonald are lobbying for the company on appropriations issues.
• SPORTS. Capitol Hill Strategies is lobbying for the National Football League on labor and player safety issues. Charles Brain, former legislative liaison to President Bill Clinton, is one of a team of lobbyists at Capitol Hill Strategies lobbying for the NFL.
• TAXES. The Alpine Group is lobbying for Energy Transfer Equity, based in Dallas. James Massie; Rebecca Hawes, a former legislative counsel to Sen. John Breaux (D-La.); and Bob Brooks, former chief of staff to Rep. Jim McCrery (R-La.), are lobbying on carried interest provisions in the tax extenders bill.
• TELECOMMUNICATIONS. The Keelen Group is lobbying for AT&T Services on a variety of issues, like the universal service fund, cybersecurity and privacy.
• UNIVERSITIES. Capitoline Consulting is lobbying for Seton Hall University on federal spending issues.