By The Hill Staff - 03/30/10 11:18 PM EDT
• BROADBAND. Capitol Counsel is lobbying for the Rural Broadband Coalition. Jim Gottlieb, former chief of staff to Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.), is lobbying for the coalition on general telecommunications and broadband deployment issues.
Winning Strategies Washington is lobbying for Viaero Wireless in Fort Morgan, Colo. Ale DelPizzo, former legislative director to then-Rep. Mike Ferguson (R-N.J.), is lobbying for the company.
• ENERGY. Akin Gump is lobbying for National Grid USA, an electric power and natural gas distribution and transmission company.
The Home Star Coalition hired Tiber Creek to lobby on its behalf. The coalition supports the Home Star bill, which provides new incentives for energy-efficiency improvements in residential buildings.
• HOMELAND SECURITY. Monument Policy Group is lobbying for Boeing. C. Stewart Verdery, former assistant secretary for Homeland Security in the Bush administration, and other lobbyists at the firm are tracking cybersecurity and homeland security issues, according to federal lobbying records.
• LOCAL GOVERNMENT. Cardenas Partners is lobbying for South Miami, Fla. Lobbyists Al Cardenas; Carl Chidlow; Colin Mueller, a former deputy chief of staff to Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.); and Emily Zammit, a former legislative coordinator to Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.), are seeking appropriations for the city.
• TECHNOLOGY. McBee Strategic Consulting is lobbying for Oracle, the software company. Jeff Markey, former legislative director and deputy chief of staff to Rep. Doc Hastings (R-Wash.), and Michael Sheehy, former national security adviser to Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), are lobbying on an issue relating to software licenses for the United States intelligence community, according to federal lobbying records.
• TELECOM. The Fritts Group is lobbying for Motorola on telecom issues, federal lobbying records show.