By The HIll Staff - 05/24/10 10:35 PM EDT
• AGRICULTURE. Anheuser-Busch Companies Inc. has hired Noble Strategies to monitor food and agriculture policy, as well as tax policy. Ben Noble, a former legislative aide to Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.), is heading up the account for the company.
• EDUCATION. Dow Lohnes Government Strategies is lobbying on behalf of Little Kids Rock Inc., a nonprofit music education group, to find federal funding for music education for primary and secondary students. Eric Kessler, former chief of staff to Rep. John Dingell (D-Mich.), is lobbying for the group.
• HEALTHCARE. Capitol Decisions Inc. is lobbying for the American Psychiatric Association on “Mental Health Parity and Addiction related issues, initiatives and implementation,” according to lobbying disclosure records.
• NATIVE AMERICAN. Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld is lobbying for Travois Inc., a tribal lands housing and economic development consulting firm, on “issues relating to economic and housing development on Indian lands, including tax and grant programs,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Roger Murry, a former legislative assistant to ex-Rep. Ellen Tauscher (D-Calif.), is working on the account.
• TRANSPORTATION. K&L Gates has been hired by the city of Bothell, Wash., to lobby for the “certification of Bothell’s Crossroads SR 522 project,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Chad See, a former staff assistant to Sen. Jay RockefellerJay RockefellerLobbying world Overnight Tech: Senators place holds on FCC commissioner Overnight Tech: Senate panel to vote on Dem FCC commissioner MORE (D-W.Va.), is lobbying for the municipal government.
Williams and Jensen is lobbying on behalf of Net Jets Inc., a business aviation company, by tracking aviation legislation. Eric Stewart, a former chief of staff and deputy assistant secretary for the Commerce Department, is lobbying for the company.
• TECHNOLOGY. McAfee Inc., the anti-computer virus and security company, has hired McBee Strategic Consulting to lobby on network security for the Defense Department and the intelligence community. Michael Sheehy, the former national security adviser to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), is lobbying on the account.