By The Hill Staff - 07/06/10 11:39 PM EDT
• Eric Eikenberg has joined Holland & Knight as a senior policy adviser in the firm’s public policy and regulation practice group in its Tallahassee office. He is the former chief of staff to Florida Gov. Charlie Crist. He most recently worked as campaign manager for Crist’s Senate campaign and also was a deputy chief of staff to Crist. Before that, Eikenberg was a chief of staff to former Rep. Clay Shaw (R-Fla.) and was a deputy executive director for the Republican Party of Florida.
• Miller & Chevalier has hired Stephen Gertzman and Robert Kirschenbaum as members in the firm’s tax department. Gertzman comes from Ernst & Young, where he was national director of federal tax accounting and director of the accounting methods and inventories group. Kirschenbaum comes from Baker & McKenzie, where he was a partner in the transfer pricing group.
• Direct Impact has hired Robert Burley and Jordan Stoick as executive vice president and vice president, respectively. Burley comes from Royal Dutch Shell, where he worked as senior external affairs adviser and practice leader for government and media relations in Australia. Stoick was the communications director for Sen. Roger WickerRoger WickerGOP senators: Obama bathroom guidance is 'not appropriate' Senate Republicans ask Trump to soften his tone Immigration groups bring taco bowls to GOP lawmakers MORE (R-Miss.). He also was a press secretary for the Senate Republican Conference, for Rep. Shelley Moore CapitoShelley Moore CapitoInvest in infrastructure to transform America Senate Republicans ask Trump to soften his tone Skittish GOP to Trump: Drop the insults MORE (R-W.Va.) and for former Rep. Bob Beauprez (R-Colo.).
• Alex Slater has joined SKDKnickerbocker as managing director. Slater was previously at the Glover Park Group.
• Dan Turrentine has joined TechNet as vice president for emerging technologies and special initiatives in its Washington office. He comes to the trade group from the Churchill Road Group, a political fundraising and consulting firm he founded in 2007. Turrentine was the national finance director for West Virginia Gov. Joe ManchinJoe ManchinHow Congress got to yes on toxic chemical reform Red-state Dem hits back over coal, court attacks How Senate Democrats are trying to deal with Sanders MORE’s (D) federal leadership committee, Country Roads PAC, and also was national finance director for then-Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton’s (D-N.Y.) 2006 reelection campaign and political action committee.
• John Lettieri has been hired by the Organization for International Investment as its new senior director of public policy and government affairs. Prior to coming to the trade group, Lettieri was director of public and government affairs for helicopter manufacturer AgustaWestland North America.
• Gary Palmquist has joined Thorn Run Partners. He comes from the National Federation of Independent Business and will continue to work for the trade group in addition to his new arrangement with the lobby firm. Palmquist was a legislative director to Rep. Dennis Cardoza (D-Calif.). He also worked as legislative director to former Rep. Bob Clement (D-Tenn.) and to former Rep. Ken Bentsen (D-Texas).