By The Hill Staff - 09/21/10 11:09 PM EDT
• Retired Army Gen. David McKiernan has joined ADS Ventures as a senior policy adviser. McKiernan completed his military service in August 2009, following his time as commander of all U.S. and allied forces in Afghanistan. Before that, he was commander of the U.S. 3rd Army and the Coalition Forces Land Component Command during the Iraq war. McKiernan has also served as commander of all U.S. Army forces in Europe.
• Margaret Klessig Edmunds has joined ImmigrationWorks USA as its new chief of staff. She was previously the chief of staff to Rep. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.). She also worked for Flake as a legislative assistant and legislative director. Before working for Flake, Edmunds worked in the offices of Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) and former Rep. Jim Kolbe (R-Ariz.).
• Reed D. Rubinstein has joined the U.S. Chamber of Commerce as senior counsel and committee executive of the trade association’s regulatory committee. Rubinstein has been practicing law since 1985 and spent most of the last decade as a shareholder in Greenberg Traurig’s Washington office. At the firm, he practiced environmental and administrative law and litigation as well as corporate and real estate law.
• Danielle Kriz has joined the Information Technology Industry Council as director of global cybersecurity policy. Prior to joining the trade group, she was a managing associate at Canyon Snow Consulting. Kriz also was a cybersecurity policy expert and former Commerce Department policy analyst. In addition, she has worked at the International Trade Commission.
• Wendy Kirchoff joined the Independent Petroleum Association of America as director of federal resources and legislative affairs. She was the legislative director for Rep. Dan Boren (D-Okla.). Before that, she was a legislative assistant to Rep. Carolyn Kilpatrick (D-Mich.).
• Elizabeth P. Papez will join Winston & Strawn as a partner. She was deputy assistant attorney general in the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel. Papez also served as a law clerk to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. In addition, Papez has experience as a former appellate and commercial litigation partner at Kirkland & Ellis.