By The Hill Staff - 02/08/11 12:34 AM EST
• APPROPRIATIONS. Hogan Lovells has been hired by the Amarillo Economic Development Corp. to “monitor economic development legislation” and “highway funding,” among other matters, according to lobbying disclosure records. Charles Kyle Simpson, a former senior policy adviser to the Energy secretary, is lobbying for the company.
• EDUCATION. Alcalde & Fay has been hired by Highline Community College in Des Moines, Wash., to lobby for “federal assistance for college economic development, workforce training, and marine science initiatives,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Nancy Engelhardt, a former aide to ex-Rep. Clay Shaw (R-Fla.), is lobbying for the college.
• ENERGY. K&L Gates has been hired by Sunoco Inc., a Philadelphia petrochemical manufacturer, to “assist with legislative drafting and lobbying of proposed coastwise legislation for three U.S.-built LNG tankers,” according to lobbying disclosure records.
• FINANCIAL SERVICES. CIT Group Inc. has hired Peck, Madigan, Jones & Stewart Inc. to lobby on the implementation of the financial services reform law as well as the healthcare reform law. John Michael Gonzalez, once chief of staff to former Rep. Melissa Bean (D-Ill.), and Jeff Peck, former staff director for the Senate Judiciary Committee, are lobbying for the company.
• SAFETY. International Fire & Safety has hired Ridge Policy Group to lobby for “funding for fire prevention product development,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Mark Holman and Mark Campbell, who worked as aides to former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge, are lobbying for the company.
• TECHNOLOGY. Teradata Corp., a Miamisburg, Ohio, information technology company, has hired Clark Lytle & Geduldig to lobby on “financial services regulatory reform issues as they relate to computer information systems and solutions,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Sam Geduldig, once senior adviser to former House Majority Whip Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), and former Rep. Deborah Pryce (R-Ohio), who is affiliated with the firm, are lobbying for the company.