By The Hill Staff - 03/09/11 12:32 AM EST
• Daniel S. Meade has rejoined Hogan Lovells as a partner in its corporate practice in Washington. Meade was senior counsel to the House Financial Services Committee. While working for the panel, he helped draft the financial services reform bill as well as the Small Business Jobs Act of 2010. Meade has also been counsel to the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
• John Myers has joined the Glover Park Group as a vice president in its government affairs practice. Myers was a senior adviser to then-Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.).
• Terry Nelson, Jon Downs and Danny Diaz have founded FP1 Strategies, a new public affairs, media relations and advertising firm. Nelson was the political director of President George W. Bush’s 2004 reelection campaign and also worked on Sen. John McCain’s (R-Ariz.) 2008 presidential team. Downs has developed strategy and advertising for several political candidates and issue campaigns. Diaz was a lead consultant for the 2010 campaigns of New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez (R) and Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), and was previously communications director for the Republican National Committee.
• Erin Billings is joining BGR Public Relations as a vice president. Billings is a former deputy editor at Roll Call. She joined the newspaper in 2001, first as a Web reporter, and later covered both the House and the Senate before moving into the deputy editor position.
• Sara Sciammacco has joined the Environmental Working Group as a press secretary. She was a reporter for Capitol News Connection covering Congress for public radio stations. Before that, Sciammacco held reporting positions at New England Cable News in Boston, at WJAR-TV in Providence, R.I., and at KOTA-TV in Rapid City, S.D. She also was a news director and morning anchor at WSAR-AM in Fall River, Mass.