By The Hill Staff - 03/15/11 11:22 PM EDT
• Elizabeth Burks has joined Steptoe & Johnson as a managing director in the firm’s government affairs and public policy practice in Washington. Burks spent more than five years as chief of staff for former Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.). Before that, she was chief of staff for ex-Rep. Jim Turner (D-Texas) and worked in other legislative roles for both Turner and Lincoln when she was in the House.
• Rusty Roberts has joined BGR Government Affairs as managing director of the firm’s transportation practice. Roberts was chief of staff to Rep. John Mica (R-Fla.), chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. He has also been chief of staff to Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.). In addition, Roberts has been a Washington lobbyist for Miami-Dade County and public affairs director for Capital Bank.
• Aaron Whitesel has joined DuPont as a senior government affairs manager in its government affairs division. Before coming to the company, Whitesel was a senior legislative assistant for Sen. Dick Lugar (R-Ind.) for eight years. In Lugar’s office, he managed policy issues under the jurisdiction of the Senate Agriculture Committee.
• Rebecca Lambe has formed a strategic alliance with Cassidy & Associates. A Democratic strategist, Lambe has been an adviser to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) since 2003 and served as executive director of the Nevada Democratic Party. Before working with Reid, she was deputy chief of staff to the late Missouri Gov. Mel Carnahan (D) and worked on his Senate campaign, later serving as state director for his wife, Jean, when she was appointed to the seat.
• Mike Murphy has joined Revolution Agency as a partner. Murphy has handled media and strategy for several gubernatorial and Senate campaigns, including those of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R), former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney (R) and former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R). He has also been an adviser to Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).