By The Hill Staff - 04/26/11 11:28 PM EDT
• Former Sen. Norm Coleman (R-Minn.) has joined the Washington office of Hogan Lovells as a senior government adviser. Coleman served in the Senate from 2003 to 2009 and was a member of the Foreign Relations and Agriculture committees. He served as mayor of St. Paul, Minn., from 1994 to 2002.
• Jared Bernstein is leaving his position with the Obama administration to join the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. Bernstein will resign from his position as Vice President Joe Biden’s economic adviser at the end of the month. Before working for the administration, Bernstein advised the Obama campaign from the Economic Policy Institute.
• Roel Campos has joined Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell’s Washington office as partner and national chairman of the firm’s securities regulation and enforcement practice. Campos, a member of President Obama’s Presidential Intelligence Advisory Board, was a commissioner at the Securities and Exchange Commission. Before that, he was an executive and co-
owner of El Dorado Communications.
• Arianne Callender is joining Morgan, Lewis & Bockius as counsel for the firm’s FDA and healthcare practice. Callender leaves the House Committee on Homeland Security, where she served as deputy oversight counsel. Before that, she was senior counsel in the Department of Health and Human Services.
• Julie Philip has joined the National Association of Chain Drug Stores as director of federal government affairs. Previously, Philip worked as director of government relations at the Association of Community Pharmacists. She also has experience on Capitol Hill working for Reps. John Campbell (R-Calif.), Michael Burgess (R-Texas) and Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.).
• Tita Freeman has joined the National Retail Federation as senior vice president for communications and public affairs. Freeman left the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, where she acted as the vice president of communications and strategy. Prior to that, Freeman worked for Google’s Washington office and for the Business Roundtable.