By The Hill Staff - 07/27/11 12:00 AM EDT
• K. Dane Snowden will join the National Cable & Telecommunications Association as chief of staff. Snowden will leave CTIA-The Wireless Association, where he is vice president for external and state affairs. Before that, he was chief of the consumer and government affairs bureau at the Federal Communications Commission.
• Michael Matthews has joined Rasky Baerlein Strategic Communications as senior vice president in the firm’s Washington office. He worked for LSG Strategies as a partner before leaving to join Rasky Baerlein. Matthews’s résumé includes stints as political director for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and the 2000 Gore-Lieberman presidential campaign. He also has directed national political training programs for the AFL-CIO.
• Bruce Thompson has joined Van Scoyoc Associates as a vice president. Thompson worked at Merrill Lynch as managing director and senior director of global government relations for 22 years. He previously held several positions, including assistant secretary of treasury for legislative affairs and chief policy adviser to the late Sen. William Roth (R-Del.).
• Perkins Coie has hired Selena Linde and Michael Sharkey as partners for the firm’s Insurance Coverage Litigation practice. Both came from Dickstein Shapiro. Linde was the Insurance Coverage group’s deputy practice leader and Sharkey was a partner. Both help write and edit the Association of Corporate Counsel’s Policyholder Primer on Insurance. Sharkey also previously served as a partner at Anderson Kill Olick & Oshnisky.
• Krista Drobac is the new director of the health division for the National Governors Association. Drobac recently worked at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services as a senior adviser. She also has worked for Illinois’s Healthcare and Family Services Department as deputy director and was a health adviser in the U.S. Senate for five years.