By The Hill Staff - 09/20/11 11:27 PM EDT
• Dutko Grayling has added Joanne Zurcher, David Murray and Jeff Anders to its staff. Zurcher, who will be a vice president for the firm, previously served as legislative assistant to Rep. Robert Andrews (D-N.J.) and legislative counsel for Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.). Murray, who will also work as a vice president, served as senior adviser at the National Telecommunications and Information Administration. Anders worked as a lead lobbyist for PhRMA and legal counsel to the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions. He will be a consultant at Dutko.
• Joseph LeBaron has joined the international business practice of Patton Boggs as a senior adviser. LeBaron will work in the firm’s Washington, D.C., and Doha, Qatar, offices, and recently served as U.S. ambassador to the State of Qatar. The career diplomat also served as a staffer for former Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell (D-Maine).
• The Brennan Center for Justice announced the additions of John Butler as chief operating officer and John Kowal as vice president of programs. Butler recently worked for Legal Services NYC as chief financial officer and, before that, served as the National Urban League’s vice president of finance and administration. Kowal left the Ford Foundation, where he directed the foundation’s team of democratic participation.
• Mike Cys, John McKechnie and Steve Pfister joined Total Spectrum to be managing partner, partner and partner, respectively. Cys previously worked for the American Medical Association as political and grassroots director. McKechnie served at the Credit Union National Association as its senior vice president and chief lobbyist. Pfister recently left the National Retail Federation, where he was the senior vice president of government affairs.
• Erika Morabito rejoined Foley & Lardner as partner in the Washington, D.C., office. She will be working in the firm’s Bankruptcy & Business Reorganizations practice and was most recently at Patton Boggs.