By The Hill Staff - 03/20/12 12:24 AM EDT
• ENERGY. DS2 Group has been hired by Entergy Corp. to “advocate on
behalf of nuclear power, clean air and cybersecurity issues,” according
to lobbying disclosure records.
Donn Salvosa, a former aide to the House Energy and Commerce Committee, is lobbying for the company.
• FINANCIAL SERVICES. The Majority Group has been hired by Supreme Lending to “lobby House and Senate on financial proposals,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Former Rep. Walt Minnick (D-Idaho) and Robert Ellsworth, Minnick’s former chief of staff, are lobbying for the company.
• Heather Podesta + Partners has been hired by Accretive Health, a Chicago-based health management services company, to educate “policymakers regarding using technology to maximize the financial stability of healthcare providers,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Heather Podesta, former counsel to the late Rep. Bob Matsui (D-Calif.), and Benjamin Klein, once legislative director to ex-Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-N.D.), are lobbying for the company.
• TECHNOLOGY. Downey McGrath Group Inc. has been hired by Airvana Inc., a Chelmsford, Mass., mobile broadband network provider, to lobby on “education and outreach activities on commercial issues of importance to Airvana and the Massachusetts high-tech marketplace,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Former Reps. Tom Downey (D-N.Y.) and Ray McGrath (R-N.Y.) are lobbying for the company.
• TELECOMMUNICATIONS. Kountoupes Consulting has been hired by HTC America Inc., the Bellevue, Wash.-based smartphone and tablet designer and manufacturer, to lobby on “general telecommunications issues,” according to disclosure records. Lisa Kountoupes, a former senior aide to President Clinton, and Shawn Whitman, former chief of staff to Sen. John BarrassoJohn BarrassoGOP senator: Obama ‘believes he is above the law’ Republican senator expects Trump will 'embrace' GOP platform Sunday shows preview: Bernie soldiers on MORE (R-Wyo.), are lobbying for the compan