By The Hill Staff - 03/27/12 11:38 PM EDT
• Ali Harden and Kristen Hawn have started the public affairs firm Granite Integrated Strategies. Hawn previously worked for the Blue Dog Coalition as communications director. Before that, she was a Fleishman-Hillard staffer. Harden served on the 2000 presidential campaign of George W. Bush and in the White House under then-first lady Laura Bush.
• Katie Wilson has been named the vice president of communications for the National Retail Federation. Wilson leaves her position at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce as senior director of communications and strategy. She also worked for the George W. Bush administration in the Office of the Vice President and as an associate for Gallatin Public Affairs.
• Arun Chaudhary has come to Revolution Messaging as the senior vice president of communications. Chaudhary worked under the Obama administration as White House videographer and for the Obama for America campaign in 2008 as new-media road director. He has served on the New York University Graduate Film Department faculty.
• James Richardson has come to Hynes Communications as junior vice president of public relations. Richardson previously worked for Jon Huntsman’s presidential campaign as director of online communications. He also served under former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour (R) as communications adviser. Richardson had worked for the firm before that as account services director.
• Rich Meade and Chuck Merin are now part of Prime Policy Group’s leadership, with Meade serving as lead for the healthcare team and Merin becoming executive vice president of the firm. Meade, who has worked for the firm for six years, previously worked on the House Budget Committee as staff director and for former Rep. Jim Nussle (R-Iowa) as chief of staff. Merin has been with Prime Policy Group since 1985 and leads the firm’s travel and tourism practice.