By The Hill Staff - 06/05/12 11:44 PM EDT
• Patrick Von Bargen, Katherine Hamilton, Allyson Groff and Jeff Cramer have created 38 North Solutions. The firm will be a public policy, communications and business development company and will launch in July 2012. The four professionals previously worked for Quinn Gillespie and Associates public affairs and will be part of a “strategic partnership” with their old firm.
• K. Susan Grafton is moving to K&L Gates to be a partner in the investment management practice. Grafton has worked for Goldman Sachs & Co. as a vice president and associate general counsel. She also previously served at the Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) Division of Trading and Markets as a staff member.
• Laura Bozell has been hired by Cornerstone Government Affairs as a vice president. Bozell worked on the House Ways and Means Committee as a senior health policy staffer. She also previously served former Rep. Jim McCrery (R-La.) as a legislative assistant.
• Mark Cowan has re-joined Cassidy & Associates to be senior executive vice president of international business development. Most recently, Cowan worked for Patton Boggs, where he was a partner. Before that, he was president of Columbus Public Affairs, chief executive officer of Newmyer Associates, and founder and chief executive officer of The Jefferson Group. He also held administration and government positions, including counsel to the House Committee on Standards of Official Conduct and operations officer at the CIA.
• Julie Greene has been promoted to deputy director of the AFL-CIO’s political department. Greene previously worked as assistant director for the political department at AFL-CIO. Before that, she worked for the labor federation as a campaign operations analyst.
• Mike Tuffin will join APCO Worldwide on June 25 as managing director for the company’s Washington office. Tuffin leaves America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), where he was executive vice president. Before AHIP, he was vice president of APCO and the senior director of strategic communications for the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA).