• Charles Faulkner is the new vice president of BGR Government Affairs.
Faulkner previously worked for Booz Allen Hamilton on issues relating
to the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency. Before that, he worked
for Science Applications International Corp. as a senior analyst. He
also served as a legislative liaison to the commander of U.S. Northern
Command and the North American Aerospace Defense Command and was a
State Department senior adviser for legislative affairs under President
George W. Bush.
• George Shevlin has joined the Investment Company Institute to be the political affairs officer. Previously, Shevlin worked for the House Democratic Caucus as executive director and staff director. Before that, he worked for the House Committee on Administration as staff director. He also served under several current and former members, including Reps. John Larson (D-Conn.), Jay Johnson (D-Wis.) and Doug Applegate (D-Ohio).
• Chris Cutler has joined Foley & Lardner to be a partner in the securities enforcement and litigation practice in the Washington and Tampa, Fla., offices. Cutler previously worked for McGuireWoods as a partner. Before that, he worked for the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board as assistant director and as the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Enforcement senior counsel.
• Derrick White has started at the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) as federal government relations director. Before that, he was the principal at Derrick White consulting. He has also served under Sen. Orrin HatchOrrin HatchWhat if there’s no 'Nuclear Option' in the Senate? Senate votes to eliminate Obama-era retirement rule Battle over tech patents spills into Supreme Court MORE (R-Utah) and at the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America as senior director of federal affairs.
• Nicole Di Resta has been named senior vice president of Cassidy & Associates’ national security practice. Di Resta leaves the Senate Appropriations Committee, where she is a senior staff member. She has more than 10 years of experience serving the committee’s Subcommittee on Defense.