• HEALTHCARE. Bates Capitol Group has been hired by the Biotechnology
Industry Organization to “monitor budget discussions surrounding
sequestration and ‘fiscal cliff’ issues and their potential impact on
healthcare. Support the repeal of IPAB,” according to lobbying
disclosure records. G. Hunter Bates, former chief of staff to Senate
Minority Leader Mitch McConnellMitch McConnellLawmakers push one-week stopgap funding bill Overnight Finance: Inside Trump's tax plan | White House mulls order pulling out of NAFTA | New fight over Dodd-Frank begins Dem rep: Trump's tax plan as believable as 'magic, unicorns or Batman' MORE (R-Ky.), is lobbying for the trade
• TAX. Raffaniello & Associates has been hired by the Williams Cos. to lobby on “taxation of master limited partnerships,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Patrick Raffaniello, former chief of staff for then-Rep. Bill Brewster (D-Okla.), is lobbying for the companies.
• IMMIGRATION. The Podesta Group has been hired by Brooks Development Authority, a San Antonio-based economic development authority, to lobby on “EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Jaime Harrison, a former senior aide to Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.), and Josh Holly, former communications director for the House Armed Services Committee, are lobbying for the authority.
• TELECOMMUNICATIONS. Forbes-Tate has been hired by the National Cable and Telecommunications Association to lobby on “issues related to the Universal Service Fund and Intercarrier Compensation Reform; H.R. 4196 — to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the allowance of bonus depreciation for certain business assets; Section 616 of the Communications Act (47 U.S.C. 616) regarding program carriage; H.R. 3523 — Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Daniel Tate, a former senior Clinton White House aide, is lobbying for the trade group.
• TRANSPORTATION. The Keelen Group has been hired by the Southwest Airlines Pilots’ Association to lobby on “S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act — All provisions. H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011— All provisions. S.1546 and H.R.3116 Department of Homeland Security Reauthorization Act. H.R.4350 and S.3263 Safe Skies Act,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Stephen Borg, once deputy chief of staff to Rep. Timothy Johnson (R-Ill.), is lobbying for the union.