By The Hill Staff - 01/23/13 12:59 AM EST
• Bill Burton has joined Global Strategy Group as an executive vice
president and managing director in the firm’s Washington office. Burton
was a senior adviser to the pro-Obama super-PAC Priorities USA Action
and its nonprofit arm, Priorities USA. He has also worked in the White
House as deputy press secretary.
• SKDKnickerbocker hired Olivia Alair to be a vice president in the firm’s Washington office. Before that, she served as the campaign press secretary for first lady Michelle Obama. She will work in SKDKnickerbocker’s public affairs and crisis communications practice, with clients in the nonprofit and corporate sectors. The firm also hired Nina Jenkins to be a senior associate. She previously served as a member of the research department at Obama for America.
• McKie Campbell has become a partner at BlueWater Strategies and will begin on Jan. 28. Prior to that, Campbell worked as the Republican staff director at the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. On the committee, he worked for Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska).
• Perkins Coie has hired Mark Eckenwiler as a senior counsel in its privacy and security practice. Most recently, he worked in the Office of Enforcement Operations within the Department of Justice, specializing in electronic surveillance law. In that post, Eckenwiler oversaw all federal law enforcement applications for Internet wiretap orders.
• Donald “Del” Laverdure will serve as a strategic adviser for Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, specializing in its American Indian law and policy practice. Laverdure has served in several positions within the Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Department of the Interior. During his time in the public sector, Laverdure worked with the elected leaders of 566 federally recognized tribal governments.
This post was updated on Jan. 24, 2013.