By The Hill Staff - 01/30/13 12:06 AM EST
• Tomás Solís has joined Patton Boggs as a counsel to the firm’s international arbitration practice group. He has previously worked at Dewey & LeBoeuf, where his clients included sovereign governments. Before that, he worked at the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes in Washington and as a legal adviser to the government of El Salvador.
• The Semiconductor Industry Association has hired Joe Pasetti and Dustin Todd as government affairs directors. They have been tasked with advancing the industry’s legislative and regulatory priorities and serving as the semiconductor industry’s point men to Congress, the White House and federal agencies. Pasetti comes from the Sharp Electronics Corp., where he worked as director of government relations. Prior to being hired at the Semiconductor Industry Association, Todd worked as Rep. Paul Tonko’s (D-N.Y.) chief of staff and campaign manager.
• Bruce Thompson has become a senior policy adviser at DLA Piper in Washington. Before that, Thompson worked as a vice president at Van Scoyoc Associates, as a senior director of global government relations at Merrill Lynch and as the assistant secretary of the Treasury for legislative affairs under President Reagan.
• Lawrence Mirel will join Nelson Levine de Luca & Hamilton as a partner in the firm’s insurance regulation practice, effective Feb. 1. He previously served as the co-chairman of Wiley Rein’s insurance regulation and litigation group.
• Bradley Arant Boult Cummings has hired John W. Cole as an attorney in the firm’s Birmingham, Ala., office. Prior to that, he served as an adviser to House Financial Services Committee Chairman Spencer Bachus (R-Ala.) as well as other Republican members of the committee.