By Hill Staff - 02/20/13 12:58 AM EST
• Lu Zawistowich has rejoined Patton Boggs as a senior public policy
adviser in the firm’s healthcare, Food and Drug Administration and life
sciences practice group. Prior to that, she has held senior positions
at the Medicaid and CHIP Payment and Access Commission (MACPAC) and the
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Zawistowich also worked on
the implementation of the healthcare reform law at the Department of
Health and Human Services.
• Terry Thames and Ann Warner have joined Total Spectrum/Steve Gordon and Associates. Warner has served as the vice president of government affairs for the international engineering company ARCADIS US.
Thames worked for former Sen. Trent Lott (R-Miss.) for more than a decade. She was also appointed director of congressional and public affairs at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in 2000, among other private-sector positions.
• The Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America has promoted Charles E. Symington Jr. to senior vice president of external affairs. Before that, he served as the senior vice president of government affairs.
• Patton Boggs hired James T. Jacks to become a partner at the firm’s litigation and dispute resolution practice group.
He has previously worked as the U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Texas. In 2011, he oversaw the establishment of the Health Care Fraud Prevention and Enforcement Action Team (HEAT) in the U.S. attorney’s office in North Texas.
• Willard K. Tom has rejoined Morgan Lewis as a partner in the antitrust practice. Prior to that, he worked as the general counsel of the Federal Trade Commission and served in leadership positions in both federal antitrust agencies during the Clinton administration.