By Hill Staff - 03/06/13 12:53 AM EST
• Eric Hoplin has become the vice president of communications and
organizational strategy for the Financial Services Roundtable. Prior to
joining the financial services group, Hoplin worked at Booz Allen
• The Livingston Group hired three new senior government relations officials: Paul Bricker, Michael Lewan and Frank Polk. Bricker formerly served as the chief of the Army’s Senate Liaison Division in the Office of Congressional and Legislative Affairs. Lewan is the former chief of staff to ex-Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.), and Polk previously worked as the chief counsel and staff director to the Senate Finance Committee.
• Manatt, Phelps & Phillips has hired Kristi M. Rogers to become a managing director in the firm’s Washington office. Rogers is the former president, chief executive and vice chairwoman of the board of directors at Aegis Defense Services. She also worked in the public sector, having served as the assistant commissioner of public affairs at U.S. Customs and Border Protection and as a strategic communications liaison for former Ambassador L. Paul Bremer.
• Mara B. McDermott has become the director of federal affairs for the California Association of Physician Groups’s (CAPG) new Washington office. The trade group represents physician groups and their affiliates in 22 states. McDermott previously served as a counselor with Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld. She has expertise in Medicare regulatory issues and healthcare delivery system models.
• High Lantern Group has hired John Ullyot to be a managing director in the firm’s Washington office. Before that, he worked as a senior vice president for Hill+Knowlton Strategies. Ullyot also served as a senior adviser to former Sens. John Warner (R-Va.) and Arlen Specter (D-Pa.) and as the vice president of corporate communications for AOL Europe.