• Ron Kirk has joined Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and will serve as a
senior counsel at the firm’s offices in Dallas and Washington, D.C.
Kirk recently stepped down from his position as the U.S. trade
representative under President Obama. He has also serviced as Texas’s
secretary of State and as the mayor of Dallas.
• Former Connecticut state congressman Sean Williams has joined Airlines for America as the group’s vice president of state and local government affairs. During his time in the House, he served as assistant Republican leader and as the ranking member of the Finance Committee.
• John Van Fossen has become Barnes & Thornburg’s first Michigan-based lobbyist and will work with clients on multi-state issues. Van Fossen will also serve as a member of the firm’s Federal Relations Group and occasionally work from the Washington office. He previously served as the director of government and public affairs at the law firm Clark Hill and as chief of staff to former Rep. Pete Hoekstra (R-Mich.).
• McGuireWoods Consulting has hired James W. Dyke Jr. to be a senior adviser at the firm. Dyke most recently served as a partner at McGuireWoods LLP, the consulting firm’s parent company. Before that, he worked as the Virginia state secretary of Education, and currently represents the commonwealth on the board of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority.
• Anne Fabry has joined Manatt, Phelps & Phillips as a senior government affairs adviser for the federal government affairs and public policy practice group in the firm’s Washington office. She worked most recently as a director of government law and strategies at Brown Rudnick, and has also served as a senior staffer to former Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.).