By Hill Staff - 05/07/13 10:55 PM EDT
• Former Democratic Rep. Robert “Bud” Cramer (Ala.) has joined Capitol
Hill Consulting Group as vice chairman. Since leaving Congress, he has
served as the chairman of Wexler & Walker Public Policy Associates
and worked as the head of research nonprofit Center Forward, previously
known as the Blue Dog Research Forum.
• Hunton & Williams hired Paul M. Tiao, the former senior cybersecurity counsel to FBI Director Robert Mueller, to serve as a partner at the firm’s Washington office. Prior to that, Tiao worked as a Senate Judiciary Committee counsel to Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) and as the assistant U.S. attorney in the district of Maryland.
• Ben Feller, a former White House correspondent for The Associated Press, has joined the public-affairs firm Mercury as a managing director for its media strategy department. He joined the AP in 2003, first working as an education reporter.
• Venn Strategies hired Drew Littman to be a principal at the public affairs and government relations firm. He comes from the Washington office of the biofuel manufacturer Solazyme, where he served as vice president. Littman also served as Sen. Al Franken’s (D-Minn.) chief of staff and as a legislative director for Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.). He has other experience in the private sector as well, working as a principal at the Podesta Group and as president of his firm, Littman Associates.
• Wexler & Walker Public Policy Associates has promoted Joel Malina to become its chief executive officer and general manager. He started at the firm in 1992 as an intern, and most recently worked as the executive vice president and managing director. Wexler & Walker also promoted Jody Hoffman, Tom Carpenter and George Rogers to its management committee, which “guides the strategic direction of the firm.” They all have extensive connections on Capitol Hill.