By The Hill Staff - 09/17/13 11:46 PM EDT
• The Retail Industry Leaders Association named Annette Guarisco its newest executive vice president for public affairs, beginning Oct. 1. Prior to that, she spent more than a decade in leadership positions at General Motors, most recently serving as the automaker’s executive director for global public policy. She also worked at Honeywell International and on Capitol Hill for former Sens. Bob Dole (R-Kan.) and Trent Lott (R-Miss.).
• Former Treasury Department official Nancy Killefer joined The Advisory Board Company’s board of directors. She most recently retired from the consulting firm McKinsey & Company, where she began working in 1979. She worked at the Treasury Department from 1997-2005, serving in numerous positions, including as the chief financial officer and chief officer. In addition, she was a member — and chair — of the IRS Oversight Board.
• Matt Johnson, who left Capitol Hill last week, joined McBee Strategic Consulting as an executive vice president in the firm’s Washington office. Prior to that, he worked as the chief counsel to Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), the Senate minority whip and a member of the Judiciary Committee.
• Eric Bridges rejoined the American Council of the Blind, where he will serve as the director of external relations and policy. He originally worked at the organization in 2007 as director of advocacy and government affairs.
• A lobby firm representing municipal governments and public agencies, The Ferguson Group, has “created a new management structure” and elected new members of the management committee. Jennifer Imo will serve as the firm’s managing partner for client services. Mark Limbaugh will serve as managing partner for business practices and will oversee all aspects of the firm’s financial management and business performance; and Kristi More will serve as managing partner for strategic development.