By The Hill Staff - 10/08/13 10:47 PM EDT
• Charter Communications brought on Alexander Hoehn-Saric to serve as its senior vice president of government affairs. He most recently worked as a policy director for Federal Communications Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel. Before that, he has held posts at the Commerce Department, and the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee.
• The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) named John Hair the director of federal affairs in its Washington office. Prior to joining the organization, he worked as the director of government relations for the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America. NAMIC said Hair will focus on the reauthorization of the Terrorism Reinsurance Insurance Act.
• The American Hospital Association has created a new position, a vice president for coverage policy, and chosen Jeffrey Goldman to fill the role. Prior to joining the trade group, he spent more than two decades at Kaiser Permanente. In his new job, Goldman will focus on the new insurance marketplaces and Medicaid expansion initiated by ObamaCare.
• A boutique public affairs shop, the Beekeeper Group, hired five new staff members, expanding the firm’s “communications, public affairs and advocacy services in the healthcare and financial sectors.” The additions include: Brad Rizza as account director, working on strategic and crisis communications; Nick Walters, the lead Web developer; Jonathan Wilcox, who will serve as creative director; Charles Pulliam-Moore, a videographer who worked on productions for Slate, NPR and PBS; and Lauren Fliegelman, who will be an account coordinator for the firm.
• Andrew Shin joined ML Strategies as a director of healthcare policy and life science in the firm’s Washington office. In the private sector, he has been advising clients on health policy and analyzing financial markets. Prior to that, he served as the acting director for the stakeholder engagement division of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation.