By The Hill Staff - 12/09/08 06:32 PM EST
• Angela Becker-Dippmann has joined McBee Strategic Consulting as its new executive vice president. Becker-Dippmann was a majority staff member for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. She also was a communications and policy director for Sen. Maria CantwellMaria CantwellUS wins aerospace subsidies trade case over the EU Wells CEO Stumpf resigns from Fed advisory panel Overnight Energy: Lawmakers kick off energy bill talks MORE (D-Wash.).
• Nick Shipley has joined the McManus Group as director of government relations. Shipley was the legislative director for Rep. Jay Inslee (D-Wash.). He spent seven years working for Inslee. Shipley’s work focused on legislation before the House Energy and Commerce Committee, including Medicare issues and telecommunications policy.
• Navigators and Roberti Associates have merged to create Navigators Global, a bipartisan firm. Tracy Sefl has joined the new firm as senior vice president. Sefl was formerly with Glover Park Group and is a senior adviser to Terry McAuliffe, the former Democratic National Committee chairman who is contemplating a run for governor of Virginia.
• Harold Kim will be the senior vice president of legal reform initiatives at the U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform. Kim was special assistant to President George W. Bush in the White House Office of Legislative Affairs. From 2003 to 2007, Kim was counsel to the Senate Judiciary Committee, most recently as the deputy chief counsel to the panel’s ranking member, Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.).
• Ilyse Schuman has been hired by the Medical Imaging and Technology Alliance as its new managing director. Schuman is the minority staff director and chief counsel for the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee. Since 2001, Schuman has worked on the committee staff, advising Sen. Mike EnziMike EnziOvernight Energy: Obama integrates climate change into national security planning Senate panel approves pension rescue for coal miners GOP pressures Kerry on Russia's use of Iranian airbase MORE (R-Wyo.).
• Parris Glendening has joined National Strategies as a senior adviser for environment and energy. Glendening, a Democrat, was the governor of Maryland from 1995 to 2003 and also was county executive for Prince George’s County from 1982 to 1994. He is currently president of the Smart Growth Leadership Institute.
• Christopher A. Padilla has joined Crowell & Moring as managing director of its international trade and investment consulting firm, C&M International. Padilla recently was the undersecretary for international trade at the Commerce Department.