By The Hill Staff - 12/16/08 06:39 PM EST
• Ethan Rome has joined Healthcare For America Now (HCAN) as deputy campaign manager. Since 2002, Rome has worked with the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) as its director of public affairs. Rome will work with Richard Kirsch, HCAN’s national campaign manager.
• Steven Cash has formed Deck Prism, a consulting group focused on national and homeland security as well as government affairs. Cash was chief counsel and staff director to Sen. Dianne FeinsteinDianne FeinsteinHotel lobby cheers scrutiny on Airbnb GOP platform attempts middle ground on encryption debate Week ahead: Encryption fight poised to heat up MORE (D-Calif.) on the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Terrorism, Technology and Homeland Security. In 2006, Cash joined PRTM, an international management consulting firm.
• Jonathan R. Hoganson has been named the deputy executive director for the Technology CEO Council. Hoganson will assist Bruce Mehlman, its executive director. Both are principals at the lobbying firm Mehlman Vogel Castagnetti. Hoganson worked for five years with Rep. Rahm Emanuel (D-Ill.), who is now President-elect Obama’s chief of staff, as Emanuel’s legislative director and policy director for the House Democratic Caucus.
• Karen Lencoski has been hired by the American Urological Association as its new government relations and advocacy manager. Lencoski has served as a director with the Society of General Internal Medicine and also worked with Sanofi Aventis Pharmaceuticals.
• Jennifer N. Higgins has been promoted to principal at Capitol Health Group, which will take effect in January. Higgins currently is a senior associate with the firm. Before joining the firm in 2006, Higgins worked with the Marwood Group and also was a special assistant to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Administrator.