By The Hill Editors - 02/24/09 07:05 PM EST
• Larry Soler was appointed the executive vice president of a newly created government-relations and operations group at the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Cynthia Rice has been appointed as vice president of government relations at JDRF.
• Nick Leibham is also joining K&L Gates as of counsel. Leibham, a former deputy criminal prosecutor in the office of the San Diego City Attorney, was a Democratic congressional candidate last year.
• Deborah Pryce has joined Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice as part of the firm’s federal and state government-affairs team. Pryce, a Republican, was an eight-term congresswoman representing Ohio’s 15th district. She did not run in the 2008 election after announcing her retirement in 2007.
• Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice has also added four other people to its lobbying team along with Pryce: Harry J. Katrichis, Vicki J. Hicks, Garrett Perdue and Lori Salley. Katrichis joins the firm from Foley & Lardner; he also worked on Capitol Hill as counsel to the House Small Business Committee. Hicks served in the Clinton administration’s Agriculture Department and as an aide to former Sen. Quentin Burdick (D-N.D.). Perdue is rejoining the firm after working at Jones Lange LaSalle and on the 2008 campaign of North Carolina Gov. Beverly Perdue (D), his mother. Salley was chief of staff to former Rep. Deborah Pryce (R-Ohio).
• Charles D. Jones is joining Timmons and Co. as vice president. Jones was the staff director for the Senate Subcommittee on Economic Policy and was a principal adviser to Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.). He also worked for the Clinton administration, at the State Department and at the White House. Jones also was an aide for then-Sen. David Pryor (D-Ark.).