By The Hill Editors - 03/10/09 06:08 PM EDT
• Alisa Ferguson, legislative director for the House Science and Technology Committee majority, will join McBee Strategic Consulting in late March. As legislative director, Ferguson managed the committee’s legislative agenda and strategy, and she served as a policy adviser on issues including energy technology development and budget and appropriations for federal civilian research and development programs. She also worked on the staff of Rep. Brian Baird (D-Wash.).
• Ann Bonham is joining the
Association of American Medical Colleges as the association’s new chief scientific officer. Bonham, currently a professor at the University of California at Davis, will start on July 1.
• Jennifer Bell has joined the health practice at Patton Boggs as a senior policy adviser. Bell, formerly a health policy adviser on the Senate Finance Committee, worked previously as senior policy adviser at Alston & Bird.
• John Anderson has joined Credit Suisse’s Washington office as a director. Anderson was previously managing director at the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA), where he focused on global trade, financial services and securities, among other issues. Anderson was previously a senior policy adviser to Sen. Mike Crapo (R-Idaho).
• Brian Pomper has been named executive director of the Innovation Alliance as it looks ahead to patent reform legislation. Pomper, who was chief international trade counsel for Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) on the Senate Finance Committee, will remain a partner at the firm Parven Pomper Strategies.