By The Hill Staff - 05/05/09 06:33 PM EDT
• McGuireWoods has hired Jim Hodges and Mike Easley. Hodges, a national co-chairman of President Obama’s 2008 campaign, is a former Democratic governor of South Carolina and is a senior adviser to the firm’s public affairs subsidiary, McGuireWoods Consulting, and partner in McGuireWoods. Easley, a former Democratic governor of North Carolina, is a partner in the law firm.
• Chris Brown has been hired by Manatt, Phelps & Phillips as senior counsel in its government and regulatory practice group. Brown was the Federal Aviation Administration’s assistant administrator for government and industry affairs.
• Kirsten T. Johnson-Obey has joined Porterfield & Lowenthal as an executive vice president. Johnson-Obey was a professional staff member on the House Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit subcommittee.
• Larry LaRocco has signed an affiliation agreement with the Livingston Group. LaRocco is a former Democratic congressman from Idaho.
• Fleishman-Hillard International Communications promoted Martha Boudreau and Bill Pendergast to new leadership roles. Boudreau has been named president of the firm’s Mid-Atlantic and Latin American regions. Pendergast replaces her as general manager of the Washington office.
• John J. Sullivan has been hired by Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP as a partner. Sullivan was the deputy Commerce secretary. He will co-chair the firm’s international trade regulation and compliance practice group.