By The Hill Staff - 06/02/09 05:56 PM EDT
• Joe Lapia is joining Ogilvy Government Relations as a senior vice president. Lapia is a longtime aide to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) and also worked for Vice President Biden when he was a senator from Delaware.
• Uttam Dhillon has joined Fitzpatrick Hagood Smith & Uhl. Dhillon was first director of the Office of Counternarcotics Enforcement for the Homeland Security Department. He also served as the Justice Department’s associate deputy attorney general.
• Frank Micciche has joined McKenna Long & Aldridge as a senior adviser to its government affairs practice. He was a managing director for the New America Foundation. Before joining the foundation, Micciche served as director of state affairs for Sallie Mae.
• Timothy F. Ashby has joined the public law and policy strategies practice at Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal. Ashby was a principal of Cabesterre and acted as general counsel to Siboney Limited and to the Havana Group. He has served at the Commerce Department and the International Trade Administration.
• Andrew DeSouza has been hired by the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association as its manager of global communications. DeSouza worked in the public affairs department of the Treasury Department. He also was a press aide to then-Rep. Mark Kennedy (R-Minn.).
• Tim Fenton has joined Thermo Fisher Scientific as its new manager of federal government relations. Fenton was an aide to then-Sen. John Chafee (R-R.I.) from 1996 to 1999. He will work closely with Rick Jenkinson, the company’s director for government relations and public affairs.